Sunday, December 13, 2009

1st Days Adventures from Amber's Perspective


READY for Christmas!! I hope I am on the "Nice" list!

So, Matt has kept up on the blogging this week, but now that he is back at work I will try to pick up the slack. Although I can't promise that my writing style will be as witty and humorous as my husbands! He is a pretty clever man!

What a miracle. I feel so blessed to be a mother, it has been a long road but when you hold your child in your arms for the first time, you forget all the months of 'morning/all day' sickness, the summer that you couldn't wear the bikini, the sleepless nights due to not finding a comfortable position because her feet are digging into your ribs, and the PAIN and EXHAUSTION of child birth (really you do forget all these things....I had to really sit down and THINK to write them here!!!)

Nora has been a pretty good baby, I have actually even been able to leave her alone with Matt while I tried to finish my Christmas shopping. She gets up every 3-4 hours to eat at night so we have even been able to sleep, although last night she decided to be up from 2:30-6 which was tough since I was trying to keep her somewhat quiet so that Matt could get his rest---his first day back to work is today.

It is amazing how one tiny little person who is less than 2 feet long can impact your life so much. Matt and I when we got married always said "it is hard to remember a time before you" and now that we have Nora, it is the same way "it is hard to remember life without her" Although it has only been 10 days since she entered our lives, it seems so perfect and 'right'. Everyday is a new adventure and we are trying to take it all in and not take any moment for granted.

We have been asked how we came up with her name, well....my grandma, my mom's mom, is named Nora Evelyn and my grandpa (my dad's dad) called my 'little Nora' when I was little becuase I have her turned up nose. When Matt and I got married and were just thinking about babies in the distant future, it was one of the few names we both liked. When we found out we were having a girl, we still loved it and were so happy that my Grandma Nora can meet her great-granddaughter who is named for her. Christine is my middle name, which is also a family name on my dad's side.

Here are some pictures of her: again no funny quotes from me, I am just not witty!
Nursery-Crib with birds painted on wall (Thanks to cousin Kelly, who is so talented!!!!)


4 Days old, with Grandma Nora's Bear--this will be our "growth pictures" to see how much she has grown compared to the Nora Bear each month!!

Asleep, Peaceful, Dreaming

No comments:

Post a Comment