Monday, May 9, 2011

He's Here!!!!





He's here....FINALLY!


Jackson Matthew Forslund was born at Ridgeview Medical Center on 5/9/2011 at 6:36 pm weighing 8 lbs 3 oz and 20" long. He is beautiful and healthy.





We were only at the hospital about 45 minutes before he was born. We parked the car at 5:47pm (left EVERYTHING in the car, the camera, our bags, my purse, etc). The receptionist told us to walk up to the 3rd floor to maternity. We found a wheelchair to take me up. I was feeling ok, MUCH better than I was at this point with Nora. I remember not being able to respond or talk or open my eyes when I was going up to maternity ward with Nora. With Jackson, I was joking with Matt, I could walk, I could laugh. We got up to the maternity ward and the receptionist up there called a nurse to come get us. Matt and I just waited at the "locked door". A lady who was checking out with her newborn son at the same time said "you are going to have a baby?---you don't even look pregnant" I don't know if that makes you feel GOOD or NOT when you are in active labor, probably at a 9cm already, but for some reason it made me laugh! I had a few contractions while waiting for a nurse to open these "locked doors". Receptionist called again to nurse and finally nurse let us in. (I put locked doors in parentheses because I guess every other visitor said they were OPEN so we wasted precious time waiting at locked doors. The receptionist lady should've told us to just "go right in") Well, by the time the nurse came and got us and we were in the triage room to be checked it was 6pm. I was a 9cm with contractions every 1.5 minutes. Nurse asked if I wanted to walk or ride to the delivery room. Do people actually WALK when they are 9cm? won't the baby fall out? awww...I chose to ride! We got to the delivery room, my doctor had just left for his daughters soccer game so I got the oncall doctor, Dr. Freitas, and she was great. The nurses were great, Matt was great. I didn't open my eyes during the WHOLE 15 minutes (ha ha, I think it may have been a good 20 minutes!!) of pushing. I don't know if I should be jealous or happy that I don't get to use the amenities of the beautiful facility at the hospital. The maternity wing was built right before we had Nora and "the perks" were one of the reasons we chose that hospital. Oh well, I guess I am glad I don't have hours or days of labor...just a quick half hour and then here is baby!!





I had an epidural (barely) with Nora and Jackson came au natural...no drugs, nothing. It is interesting having both birthing experiences. We'll see what we end up doing for baby #3.

No comments:

Post a Comment