Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

We celebrated Valentine's Day at home, relaxing. Matt was, and still is, under the weather. He has had a cold for 2 weeks now and Nora was not feeling well either (or so we got from her pooping ALL over and ruining 3 outfits all by noon!). I am feeling fine and am praying that I do not get the 'bug'. Anyway--Valentine's day was a day of new food at our house. My latest goal is to use up the food we have in our house (I have a bit of a food hoarding gene in me) So I am not going to the grocery store, except for fruit/milk/eggs/bread until we use up a bunch of food we already have. So I found crab in the freezer and decided to make crab quiche which was amazing. Matt couldn't even taste it since his sinuses and head cold were overpowering his tastebuds! For supper, I marinated steaks and made stuffed peppers. Again, very yummy. I had never made stuffed peppers before because I imagined they would be hard to make, not the case! They were easy and tasted great. Matt ate the extra pepper filling on a bun the next day for lunch.
Matt and I aren't huge gift people so we exchanged cards to each other and to Nora for her first Valentine's day. Nora did buy daddy a Twins golf divet tool and ball marker. I made an embroidered heart shirt for Nora and took some photos to send the family. Isn't she cute! She loves to smile and talk up a storm UNTIL the camera comes out, then she has this stone cold look on her face and will NOT crack a smile. One day soon, I will get her adorable smile on camera.

Looking like she is ready for spring

Long day, daddy and Nora taking a nap together (I love that Nora's pants are next to her instead of ON her!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment