Thursday, April 22, 2010

Mommy the Betty Crocker of the House.....

I was in charge of baking an eggbake with meat for MOPS this week. Well, I googled to find a recipe and found one on an internet site called 'cooking with court'. I put it all together on Wednesday night before I went to work at Home Depot. Put it in the oven this morning to bake for an hour.....went upstairs to feed Nora. After 25 minutes I started to smell smoke. I went downstairs and there was smoke EVERYWHERE. The eggs had bubbled over and had caused the whole oven and downstairs was full of smoke. I tried to clean it up as best as I could because the eggbake STILL needed to bake....I opened ALL the windows and turned on the fan. It still smelled horrible but the eggbake needed to be brought (even if it tasted like nastiness!!)



Well, I took some of my eggbake while at MOPS, yep....it tasted like smoke, I was feeling badly for the people who took it. Hopefully they went back for another food so they got full. Well, the table that was in charge of choosing the 'best food' chose MY SMOKY EGGBAKE as the best food of the day!! Now I have to make it again in 2 weeks---Don't know if I will be able to replicate since the smokey flavor was maybe why they liked it!



Here's the recipe if anyone wants to make it.....It has AMAZING ingredients so it should taste good. English muffin bread, corn flakes, eggs, ham, cheese...yummy!


Sue's Egg Bake

1 loaf of English Muffin Bread (cut off crusts and butter both sides)
8 oz. of shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz. of shredded swiss cheese
1 lb. of ham cubed
3 c. milk
8 eggs
1/2 tsp. salt & a dash of pepper
1 1/2 c. corn flakes crushed
1/2 c. melted butter
1/2 tsp. dry mustard


Put 6 whole slices & take a 7th slice and cut it in half (that's the only
way it fits in pan) & put butter side up on bottom of greased 9 X 13 pan.
Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, then ham, then swiss cheese. Add last layer of
buttered bread to pan. 6 slices + a 7th cut in half. Mix milk, eggs,
mustard, salt, and pepper & heat. Pour egg mixture over casserole. Cover
with saran wrap and refrigerate overnight. Before baking, cover with corn
flakes and drizzle with melted butter.

Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear my egg bake didn't go over so well! Not sure how that happened! BUT glad you won the best dish of the night! How did it go a second time around?

    ReplyDelete