Monday, April 12, 2010

Mommy's New JOB?

To take a little pressure off of my husband, I non-chalantly applied for a part time job at The Home Depot and Target--thinking "who would hire me?" Well The Home Depot called me and asked me to interview. I interviewed (and got the job) the Thursday before Easter. I started doing all my computer training all last week, Monday-Friday at the Depot from 5pm - 10pm. I had a few emotional breakdowns, but I said I would try to stick with it and see how it goes. I had training on Saturday and then got thrown into the craziness as the garden cashier on Sunday. WOW, was it busy--it was super fun, but busy! I am still missing my husband and my daughter every day! I know people do it EVERYDAY and I feel like I am complaining, but this post is more to acknowledge how hard it must be for moms (and dads) to leave their loved babies and kids!! I know with my older siblings my mom/dad actually did what Matt and I are doing--my dad would work during the day and then my mom would go work nights nursing. Wow, I have so much admiration for how they and others make ends meet now--I miss my husband, I miss my daughter, I miss putting Nora to sleep, I miss cuddling with my husband, I miss nagging my husband that he is playing too much XBox, I miss feeding Nora her rice cereal at night, I miss just BEING with them. I am trying to stay positive about it--I'll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment