Sunday, April 4, 2010

Nora's First Easter

Hooray He is Risen! Sometimes we forget what each Holiday is all about and I end up getting worked up about all the 'other' stuff in life. I really took this to heart when my little niece and nephew, Reese and Lincoln, asked me why Jesus had to die. How do you explain Salvation to a 5 and 4 year old? My mom had a VeggieTales video that they watched which started their brains a'thinking and asking questions. They were ok with my answer that "If you ask Jesus into your heart, then one day when you die you can live again with Him and all your family" Wow, nothing like little kids to keep it real and help you refocus, nothing else really matters. It doesn't matter if I forgot Nora's tights for her Easter dress, or the stuff for the salad I was supposed to make, or that I am not the best wife/mom/daughter/sister/friend I can be everyday. I think I needed my little wake up call to be reminded of what is really important, not me!! Thank God for forgiveness huh?!

Easter was spent out at my parents' farm. We left Friday late afternoon and hung out with my mom and dad, Tanner, and the Graven 4 (my sister and her husband had gone on a trip with his family so my parents were watching their 4 kids) Saturday- my brother and I played in a basketball tournament which I should've trained a bit better for, see other post for details! Saturday my brother and his girlfriend, Amy and I all helped my dad put sheetrock in our additions attic. I am amazed at how strong my dad and my brother are, I need to start lifting weights again so I can lift things! Maybe that can be my April goal-lift weights. Seriously though, they would just lift these 12 feet long sheetrock panels no problem! (totally random thoughts on muscles, but thought I would just write whatever I was thinking about my Saturday!) Sunday was spent at Easter service, where my older brother, Brandon, played all the piano music, with my 6 year old nephew turning pages for him. So sweet. Nora was fussy in church though, so I spent the service in the "crying room."

Easter lunch was at Brandon and Courtney's in Madison. Wonderful ham, mashed potatoes (my grandma makes the BEST!), scalloped corn, and peaches n cream cheesecake for dessert. The kids had an Easter egg hunt and we all sat outside and watched them play baseball and play on the swingset. Great weather, Great company (My Dad's whole family was there except my uncle Milt), Great Day!

Here are some random photos from weekend.

My mom feeding Nora and Landrey - pretty impressive!!!!

Nora's beautiful dress that Matt's Grandma Keller made for his sister Elle 16 years ago. My grandma said Nora was the "best dressed"
Nora and Landrey (6.5 months) - They both lay on the ground and love to look at each other. Landrey is rolling over and trying to crawl---Nora just lays there but hopefully soon they will be chasing each other all over the floor!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment