Thursday, April 8, 2010

MOPS

I joined my church's MOPS (Mothers Of Pre-Schoolers) group this week. They were kind enough to let me join even though they had started up their session in February. I am actually sitting at a table with one of the ladies from our Westwood Supper Club. It is such a great group and a great way to meet some other moms. Each week a different table is in charge of bringing breakfast...yummy! The one morning that I will actually get to eat! This weeks meeting had 4 ladies who were probably in their 40-50s talk about advice they got when they had pre-schoolers, advice for us, things they did that worked with their children. It was fun to see the different stages of 'mommyhood'. Thank God for great programs to stay connected and really find friends who share the same faith that our family does.

Also:
Nora went to the Westwood nursery (Moppets) while I was at MOPS. She went to the lady in charge with NO crying---wow, her 'stranger danger' has left! She took her 20 minute nap there and when I came to pick her up, she was crying hysterically. They said she just started doing that (hopefully they weren't just saying that trying to make me feel ok!!!). It was 'lunch time' for her though so I am sure she was crying to let me/them know she wanted to be fed. We'll see how it goes next week.

I am so glad I found this group....or should I say that it found me. The ladies in my supper club said that MOPS was the BEST thing so giving into peer pressure, I had to check it out :) So far so good! Thanks Alyssa & Britni!

No comments:

Post a Comment