Friday, January 15, 2010

First Night Out for Mommy & Daddy Minus Nora

Nora (6 weeks old) and I
Grandma Debbie and Nora


Our neighborhood has monthly poker nights, where we all get together and bring 5 dollars and play Texas Hold'em. This month we decided to go out to eat at Red Lobster. My parents were leaving to go to Mexico on Sunday morning and were planning on coming to stay at our place Saturday night. I twisted their arms and asked if they would come one day early and watch Nora while Matt and I went out to eat. This was our first outing without her. I have done a bit of household shopping while Matt has watched Nora and obviously I have watched Nora during the day while Matt is at work but we haven't gone out together and left Nora before.
To be honest, I never thought I would be the mother who was all sad and anxious when leaving her baby; I wasn't anxious BUT I was sad. I knew she was in good hands (my mom is the baby whisperer), but it was still very strange to be in the car with Matt without her in her carseat. I really enjoyed my salmon and cheesy biscuits at Red Lobster, but was excited to be home. I know for our marriage and for our sanity we need to get out alone, so one of our New Year's Resolutions is to have a date night each month.....anyone want to babysit???

No comments:

Post a Comment