Monday, January 18, 2010

Sleeping Through the Night

Sleeping through the night makes Nora a happy baby (this is the closest I have gotten to catching her smile on camera!)
Nora has slept through the night 5 of the last 8 nights. The first night was at my sister's house in Marshall. On Sunday night, she went to bed at 11 and I abruptly woke up at 6:15am and was all worried. I looked at my watch, saw the time, and then immediately looked in the pack 'n play that was next to my bed to make sure she was ok! She wasperfectly fine--she had just SLEPT through the night! WOW I was excited. The next 3 nights she did not sleep through the night, but I remained positive that since she did it once, she is capable of doing it again. Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday were all about 10:30 to 6:30-7. What a good girl! I read a book, called Babywise, that was given to us from the leaders of our book group. The book states how baby's need to distinguish night from day so during the day you should feed your baby, then play with your baby, then she should fall asleep. Most of us feed, sleep, play with baby. Once I actually started to implement this, Nora started sleeping better at night. It could be a coincidence, but I am attributing it to the knowledge I learned in the book. Thanks for the Christmas gift, Betsy and Jeff!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment