Sunday, January 10, 2010

Weekend at Graven's

Nora and Landrey
Nora and I dropped Ashley off in Dawson, MN and then traveled to my parents' house to hang out for Saturday. Brandon and Courtney and the kids (Charlie 6yr, JT 3.5yr, and Kate almost 2yr) came to the farm and had supper on Saturday night. It was fun to hang out with them! Grandma and Grandpa were very excited to see Nora (and see me too I guess!) Nora will definitely come help Grandpa Lee with his farmwork when she gets older. My dad and I teased in November when I, at 8 months pregnant, went back and stayed with my parents for a bit and took a combine trip with my dad, that Nora had her first tractor and combine trip and she hadn't even been born yet. Because I am coaching volleyball and the season ends right at the perfect time to go and help my dad, I may be able to help him with harvest the next few years!!
Nora, Kate, and Brandon

We went to church Sunday morning and then drove to Marshall, MN to hang out with the Graven 6! Kyle, my brother in law, was traveling so I thought I would go help my sister with her 4 kids(Lincoln-5yr, Reese-4yr, Sullivan-almost 2yr, Landrey-3mo). Monday was a crazy day for her because she had to bring kids to daycare, 1 to preschool, 1 to dance class, and 1 to basketball. Wow, I thought my life was crazy busy with just 1 baby! It is so funny what little kids say and how they can make you feel SO loved. Reese, after being in the room while I was breastfeeding, asked if "I could make water out of those"....if only that were the case!!! Lincoln was also so sweet and was sad that Nora couldn't sleep in his room. My brother Tanner came over a few nights and Amy his girlfriend was working in Marshall one day so she came over for dinner as well. It was good to hang out with my family as I don't get to see them too much since Matt and I live 2.5 hours away.

Jenn and I didn't really do much, but it was fun hanging out with my sister and see 5 kids interact and play together(ok so Nora and Landrey didn't really play). I came home and asked Matt when we could have another kid (so we had fun and it was chaotic, but made me realize I want alot of kids---need to get Matt on board with that!!) I drove home to Chaska in BEAUTIFUL sunny January weather. Nora was a great girl on all the drives! I am so happy she enjoys car rides.
Nora on the Boppy

No comments:

Post a Comment