Friday, January 1, 2010

Ringing in 2010

Nora in a cute outfit from Tanner's girlfriend Amy
I haven't found a color that DOESN'T look good on her!!!

This week Nora has been a bit fussy and REALLY gassy. I googled and it looks like being overstimulated can create a newborn to have really bad gas. This would be the case as she has celebrated Christmas and seen so many new people in the last 5 days. Since Matt was at work I tried to get her to 'work through her gas pain'. Oh the things you get to talk about freely when you have a newborn. Never did I think I would blog about GAS in my lifetime. She feels better now, which is great. Steve and Anne also watched Nora on Tuesday so I could run a few errands which was super helpful. It felt weird leaving her for her first 'babysitting', but I knew she was in good hands. Matt picked her up on the way home from work so she was babysat for a good 4 hours.

Also this week she has gotten up with Daddy. I have been trying to get a good supply of milk so that Matt can get up with her on the weekends and nights he doesn't work. It is a good bonding experience for Nora and him. She is loving getting up with her daddy and he has let me catch up on the sleep I have needed.Matt and Nora hanging out

We went over to Anne and Steve's, who live about 10 minutes away from us, for New Year's Eve. We had lobster and steak and red velvet cake. It was delicious. Nora did not sleep all day, except for a 20 minute nap in the afternoon so New Year's Eve night we went to bed when Nora finally fell asleep. There was no way I was going to make it until midnight, so we celebrated at 11pm, and pretended we were New Yorkers and rang in the new year with them.
Happy 2010 from us and Nora!!!!

New Years day marked Nora turning 4 weeks old. Wow 1 month. I have been taking photos of her with her Nora bear each week . She has gotten SO much bigger.
Nora at 4 weeks with her bear
New Years Day we just hung out all day and I caught up on crossing things off my 'to-do list'. We also watched some really boring movies (Benjamin Button and Brothers Bloom--would NOT recommend them)

On Saturday, which happened to be a palindrome-word/number that is the same forwards as it is backwords-(01/02/2010) Matt, Nora and I went for a walk and had lunch at the Eden Prairie mall. I needed to get some exercise. I don't know if it was the 'air' in the mall or if I just haven't done anything for a few months, but I was SO tired and needed a nap after getting home.

I am going to try and get better at blogging so I don't have to write 5 events at once. I hope everyone had a wonderful and blessed Christmas and a joyful New Year. I can't wait to see what 2010 has in store for the Threeslunds.

No comments:

Post a Comment