Sunday, May 9, 2010

1st Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to me! It was just like any other day....well actually no it wasn't because I didn't spend it with my darling daughter, which was a bit sad. My brother brought all my siblings(and spouses) to the Twins game at Target Field so Grandma and Grandpa Forslund watched Nora during the day.

It was the first time for most of us at the new stadium and it was an amazing site. I still am on the fence and miss the metrodome (I know, anti-MN) but I really enjoyed not having to bundle up and wear 10 layers in order to watch a baseball game. Good thing it was a bit sunny and not too cold and NOT raining. I would not have gone had it been raining.....I know not a very good fan! Thanks B, for the tickets...we did have a blast and it is always fun to hang out with family!

Nora hung out with her Grandma and Grandpa at their house and they say she was a great baby! Maybe next year we'll all hang out as a family on Mother's Day! oh and Matt got me a card that was signed "thanks and best regards-Matt" and a hydrangea plant----anyone know how to care for a hydreangea plant? let me know as I don't want to kill it.

Looking back and knowing how badly I have always wanted to be a mother, I cherished my first mother's day even though it may not have been what I had expected. I always think of my mother on mother's day and what a great job she did raising me and my 3 siblings....well I turned out alright! To be a mother is amazing and I truly love every minute of it. Nora is my light and joy and laughter. Every day she does something to make me just love her more. I love being a mommy, it is the best thing in the world! I love having this daughter who lights up when I walk into the room and giggles at me shaking a stuffed cat at her.

There was an article in American Baby (which you can subscribe to for free !!!!) that states:
12 Reasons to Love Being a Mom:
1- You receive a reception worthy of the next American Idol even though you'd only left the room for a minute to get more wipes.
2- There's no better exercise program than chasing after your baby/toddler
3- When was the last time a grown-up hugged you simply for buying cookies?
4- you can't very well put videos of your husband dancing to Beyonce's "Single Ladies" on YouTube. But the baby....upload away
5-Babies don't accidentally butt-call your cell phone and they NEVER hog the remote.
6- Nothing's sexier than a man holding a baby---except for a man changing a diaper.
7- The 100th reading of Goodnight Moon is every bit as good as the first.
8- You no longer look quite as silling dressing up for Halloween.
9-You've got a built-in excuse for RSVP'ing "No" whenever you feel like it
10-Somebody loves you no matter what you're wearing, what you're doing, or how long it has been since you showered
11-Naptime
12-Alarm clocks are WAY more appealing when they're wearing footie pajamas.

I loved this list....Babyhood goes by way too fast. So we all need to stop and appreciate the lovely, funny and just plain crazy little moments that happen every day and ALWAYS remember how much we love being moms.

Happy Mother's Day to all you mommies out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment